MPA supports Saints in teaching local children

MPA recently donated a range of equipment from our office in Milton Keynes to the Northampton Saints Study Centre, at Franklin’s Gardens.

The Saints Study Centre is a dedicated department at their home stadium that works with schools from Northampton to “educate young people through the power of sport and educational enrichment”. The centre opened in 2012 and brings together the heritage of Northampton Saints and modern values to provide the best experience for the students.

MPA’s donation included a range of learning equipment to ensure the classroom has everything it needs for the students to thrive and get the most from their opportunity at the Study Centre. The donation was organised by MPA Director Mike Price, who has recently been made a trustee of the centre.

It’s important to me that local businesses work together to actively support our community. I’m a big believer in teamwork, which is key to how our team operates both with clients as well as in a charitable capacity.

Mike Price, MPA Director

The classrooms are used to deliver the engage programme, which is a social inclusion scheme for students aged from 9 to 16. Engage aims to increase confidence in children with a variety of complex needs through practical and classroom based activities, empowering them to see the positives of everyday life.

Mike Price (Centre) with HITZ Manager Matt Goode (Left) and Centre Manager Pete Austin (Right) showing off the new custom Saints chairs

Their second programme, HITZ, allows students aged from 16 to 19 to gain a BTEC Level 1 in Sport & Active Leisure, and functional skills in English and Maths. So far, the Hitz programme has helped over 300 students since 2011, achieving an impressive 90% success rate.

“I would like to personally thank MPA for their donation of 36 Saints personalised chairs for our classrooms, the study centre is already starting to look more presentable following on from their previous donation. We have roughly 200 students passing through the doors on a weekly basis, therefore our previous chairs were in a sorry state! This donation is following on from the first donation made when MPA helped kit out our new classroom. Thank you very much for all of your support and I am looking forward to our future working relationship.”

Matt Goode, HITZ Manager

MPA would like to congratulate the study centre on their positive work, and hope their new equipment helps them towards their goal of raising standards in education.

For more information on the Saints Study Centre, Click here.